I am mentally drained this week to the point where I’m probably going to take next week off of the blog and social media entirely, so… here’s your pre-Christmas content. It’s the best I can do. Thanks to Anxiety at A for the fodder.
Spooky or Steady:
- For their own sake, not spooky. No one wants a horse to be stressed and worried on a regular basis or have a horse that is reactive and could hurt themselves or a rider. That said, I don’t mind taking a spooky one and making it more steady, which is why I tend to do a lot of desensitizing with my young horses.
Matchy Matchy or Mismatched
- Not really either? I’m not a fan of mismatched but I prefer fairly boring colors, not like… everything pink or turquoise or yellow or whatever. If I had to pick one I guess matchy.
Tall boots or Half chaps
- Tall boots. No contest.
Indoor or outdoor
- Outdoor, always. This is one of myriad reasons why I can’t live somewhere cold.
Bay or chestnut
- A nice rich dark bay is always my favorite.
Hard shell boots or sport medicine boots?
- SMB’s are death traps of heat, hard pass. I wouldn’t really choose hard shell boots either unless they’re well ventilated, but not much is worse to me than SMB’s.
Free Board for a Year or 20k for a shopping spree?
- Easy choice, 20k please. Even that “relatively small” amount of money would be life-changing for me.
Long or short mane or roached mane?
- Short, first choice, roached, second choice. I like having something to grab if I need to but I don’t like how a long mane looks so I’d still pick roached over long.
Lazy or hot horse?
- Hot. I’d prefer them to not be bordering on belligerence, but something responsive to seat and leg that’s light and forward-thinking is always my choice.
Private barn or a boarding barn?
- Private barn, 100%. Way way way 10000000x better than the whole boarding experience.
Create your dream barn or own your dream horse?
- Dream barn, but I did have to sit here and think about it for a second.
Roman nose or dished face?
- Roman. It looks noble to me, I’ve never minded a roman nose. My brain reads dishy as delicate for whatever reason.
Ride an Olympic-level horse or take a lesson with an Olympian?
- Depends entirely on what horse or what rider we’re talking about. I’d kill for a lesson on Tullabeg Flamenco, but I’d also kill for a lesson from Ingrid Klimke. How do you choose?
Own a miniature horse or a donkey?
- Gosh I love mini donkeys but for the sake of practicality and things I could do with it, I guess I’d pick a mini horse.