Just a little update/announcement about the logo contest. Thanks to everyone who has submitted something so far… I’ve gotten almost forty logos already! Really excited about the level of participation and the quality of the submissions I’ve gotten so far. Making a final decision is going to be really tough. Because of that I’ve decided to add a second and third place prize both to sweeten the pot and to extend as many thanks as possible. I wish I could give something to everyone!
The runner up will be getting a gift certificate for a custom Firefly bonnet.
The second runner up will be getting an Ogilvy baby pad from Luxe EQ.
If you haven’t gotten those logos in yet – you’ve got until December 31st!
Now, on to December’s 10 questions from Viva Carlos:
1. What size horse do you prefer to ride? Whatever takes up my leg nicely. I prefer something that isn’t too slab sided but isn’t super wide either… height-wise I don’t really care. I’ve owned everything from a medium pony to 17.2h, but my favorite height in general is 15.3 to 16.2 – IME that’s the best height for max athleticism but less soundness issues.
2. Do you school in tall boots or half chaps and paddock boots? Tall boots.
3. What do you do with your ribbons after shows? usually I chunk them in my car or the closet or a tack trunk and they’re not seen again for many months. Eventually they meet the trash can. Henry’s latest one is actually hanging on his stall though (collecting dust).
4. Do you ride/board at a large show barn or a small private barn? It’s a pretty decent sized barn, with 3 different trainers – two h/j and one eventing.
5. Have you ever seen a horse give birth? Many. Side effect of working at a breeding farm. 😉 You haven’t lived until you’ve been elbows deep in horse placenta.
6. What is your favorite breed? TBs and warmbloods – mostly the Holsteiner lines, more specifically the C lines (both, but anything Cassini in particular – which should be no surprise since he’s one C line crossed with the other).
7. Favorite tack brand? PS of Sweden and CWD
8. Would you ever buy used tack? I love buying used, you get great deals that way. I would be hard pressed to ever buy a new saddle unless I needed something super custom.
9. Ever been on a carriage ride? Once or twice.
10. How often do you go to the tack store? Probably a couple times a month, usually just for things like treats and salt blocks, plus mobiles at shows. I can’t resist a mobile.
14 thoughts on “Logo Contest info and December’s 10 questions”
Can’t wait to see all those logo entries those that are MUCH more talented than me have submitted!
ha first that pony Max was part DEVIL PONY (:))as well as welsh cob and second, yes the sadie gave birth you wheeled around on me on that way to the show and took off south! LOL AHHH good times 😉
glad you are getting bunches of logos. I HAVE no creativity so nada for me.
It’s not Max’s fault he was devil pony… someone was obviously very mean to him. He came around, for the most part.
That new bridle looks awesome on him!! That is his new Dressage bridle, right?!
Yep! I love it, it really does look fantastic. And as has proven typical of PS, the special features are so cool. I didn’t realize the flash was totally removeable, and runs between the padding and top layer, so when you take the flash off there’s no “evidence” of a flash at all. Awesome.
Love the new bridle it is AWESOME!!!
I think L. Williams will die when she sees what happens your satin
Very pretty bridle!
Does Henry wear cob or full size in the PS bridles?
He wears a cob
Tears at the trashcan comment, so many tears.
I can start sending them to you if you want 😛
That’s the cutest baby ‘moose’ I’ve ever seen, love those big mare ears!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Excited to see the logos!
awesome bridle! and super excited to see some of the logo entries (esp the finalist!)